January 28, 2006

Project Runway


Does anyone watch Project Runway?

I love this show. It is widely known, in many (important) circles, that Ms. Draggletail is a reality TV whore. So it should be no surprise to anyone that I would love this show.

Watching the last episode on TiVo today, I notice that it cracks me up how diabolical Heidi Klum is. Okay, first of all, let it be said that Heidi is seriously hot. And on the taping of this show, she is majorly pregnant with the Seal child. She definitely makes a gorgeous, glowing pregnant lady.

Anyway, her hotness is not really here nor there. My point is that it is so funny to me how she is so smiley and happy every time she talks to the designers, explaining their challenges to them and reiterating that "One of you will be in? and one of you will be OUT!" with her lilting baby voice and this good posture and big grin as if she's maybe giving a fabulous toast at the funnest party ever. Meanwhile, in reality she's actually telling these people that they may soon demolish their burgeoning careers while on national television. And the designers are all like, "Hi Heidi! Heeeeee..." waving at her, all cheery and smiley. Sycophants. They have fallen under the Heidi Klum spell. Sometimes I'm like, why can't she act serious about it? The designers are being voted off! Where is the gravitas?!

I don't know, it just makes me laugh. Maybe she still has trouble with English. But more likely, actually, Heidi is just well aware that her shiny, shiny smile blinds people into doing her will.

No comments: