August 14, 2010

Pretty Little Liars!

Books 31 and 32 in my challenge were Books 1 and 2 of the Pretty Little Liars series, by Sara Shepard.

I picked these up because I have been obsessed with the ABC Family show Pretty Little Liars.  It's so good!  Did you see the finale the other night?  OMG.

I'm not even kidding. Anyway, weeks ago, about three episodes in to the season, I (belatedly) discovered that the show is based on a series of books for teens.  Somehow this escaped me before then.  I couldn't wait to see what happened next in the show, so I went to the library and got the first three books in the series so I could get ahead and find out!   Unfortunately, the timeline is not the same in the books, and the intertwined stories were different enough that it didn't really help me and my plan was a bust.  The books were not bad, and the plan might have panned out if I stuck with it, but I decided I am already invested in the TV version, so I only read the first two books and did not bother with the third.  Back to the library they went.

So pretty!  What liars!

No comments: