May 18, 2009

This weekend I finished Tori Spelling’s new book, Mommywood. You already know I liked her first book, sTori Telling, so I actually was looking forward to this follow-up.

Eh. I like Tori, I do. But to me this one seemed like a mish-mash of miscellaneous stories that seemed sort of phoned in, combined with a heaping extra helping of vitriol toward her mother. Maybe it’s because I’m not a mom – much less a Hollywood mom – so I couldn’t relate? Maybe I am just more interested in her 90210 stories and Lifetime network gossip, as featured in sTori Telling? As I read, I couldn’t escape the thought that Tori had a book deal to do two (maybe more?) books, and she used up all the good stuff in the first one.

No offense or whatever to her babies, who are the source of all these stories. I’m sure they’re lovely children. I'm still a fan, Tori! Call me!

No comments: