January 20, 2010

Nine Dragons

Book No. 4 was Nine Dragons by - wait for it - Michael Connelly!


I know, I need to branch out. But! I really thought this was a good read, even taking into consideration that I am predisposed to like this guy's books.

Harry Bosch takes on the Chinese underworld in this one. During the investigation of the murder of a Chinese shopkeeper, Bosch's daughter, who lives in Hong Kong, is kidnapped, so Bosch travels overseas to find her. Danger and excitement ensues. There are a few unpredictable twists to keep things moving along and Connelly's Hong Kong depictions (I like that city) are just as intriguing as his descriptions of the underbelly of L.A.

On to book number 5! I received some good books for Christmas, and I'm not sure which one to pick yet: Leaving Atlanta, by Tayari Jones, Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls, or The Lacuna, by Barbara Kingsolver. I also have been meaning to start A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kictehn Table by Molly Wizenberg, so we'll see. Stay tuned.

No comments: