September 14, 2010

okay okay

Two more young adult books and then THAT'S IT.  I promise.  Both by E. Lockhart: 

Book 36:   The Treasure Map of Boys.  Cute, fun, thoughtful - like the other Ruby Oliver books.

Book 37:  Dramarama.  You know...  maybe not my favorite of the E. Lockhart books.  If you're a drama geek you'll like this one, though. I'm just not.  And the protagonist bugged me a bit.  Which is not to say I didn't enjoy it -- I don't subscribe to the theory that you have to like characters in order for a book to be a good read -- but Sadye did annoy me.  Bit of a know-it-all. 

UNTIL:  The last 20 pages of this 300-page book, when I cried.  

And now, my dear friends, I think my appetite for young adult books has finally been sated (for now).  Grown up books from here on out.  Huzzah!

No comments: